Top five tips for gorgeous make-up
1) Luscious lips. If you want a pout that could rival Victoria Beckham’s, try filling in your entire lip area with a pencil that matches the colour of your lipstick before applying the lipstick itself. Blot with tissue, then brush your lips with loose powder, apply a second coat of lipstick and blot again.
2) Long lashes. Nothing makes a feature out of your eyes like mascara. Apply to the base of the lashes and sweep the wand up to the end of the lashes. Place a tissue under the lower lashes and sweep the wand down vertically. If it smudges, dip a cotton bud in the foundation you used for your base and wipe the mascara away while it’s still wet.
3) Shiny cheeks. If you want a glam-looking shine to the apple of your cheeks, the secret is lip gloss! Strange as it may sound, dabbing a little bit of clear lip gloss onto the fullest part of your cheeks and sweeping up to your ears will give you a wonderful healthy glow.
4) Healthy complexion. Not technically make-up but an energized complexion is a much better canvas for your make-up efforts than a pale, tired, or washed out complexion! Invigorate your skin with a gentle exfoliator like a facial scrub with micro beads once a week. If your skin is feeling tired, choose make-up with energizing ingredients like caffeine or with light-reflective micro-spheres to brighten up your look.
5) Bright eyes. Nobody wants dark circles around their eyes, and luckily there’s a three-stage plan that you can put into action to combat them. 1. Moisturize your eyes at night – before getting plenty of sleep. 2. Cover up with a concealer that matches your natural skin tone. 3. Apply light eye shadow and some mascara.