Brilliant bank holiday ideas
If you’re not going away this bank holiday, there’s no need to stay at home in a strop with your arms folded. There are plenty of fun things to do, either alone or with friends and family, on the bank holiday weekend. Here’s our pick of the bunch:
1. London’s famous Notting Hill Carnival takes place over the bank holiday weekend. Sunday is family day, so if you have kids, check it out then. There’s something for everyone, with food stalls, floats, processions and DJs to enjoy.
2. One of the UK’s greatest resources is its outdoor swimming pools and lidos. This might be the last weekend we have the weather to go for a swim outdoor, so why not check out what lidos are near you and go for a refreshing dip?
3. Assemble friends and family together for a bank holiday picnic. You could choose to congregate in a local park or drive to the coast for a beach day out. Take food, drink, blankets and games.
4. If there’s a UK city that you’ve always wanted to visit, why not hop on the train and go there? Check out its tourism website before you go to see what’s open over the bank holiday.
5. Put your feet up! There’s nothing wrong with a good relaxation session. Get out the face mask and pedicure kits, have a cuppa or two and browse through your favourite home shopping catalogues.