How to wear: colour blocking with confidence
We all know how hard it is to say good bye to black, after all it’s our faithful friend that is oh so flattering! But as the Summer is fast approaching, we know it’s time to brighten our wardrobe and what better way than with colour blocking.
Absolutely anybody can add some colour blocking in their wardrobe; the best thing is you can do as little or as much or this trend you like.
Key rules to colour block
1. Make the colour work to your body shape – trying a new trend can be daunting, so make sure you still dress to your body shape.
- All you pear shapes stick to a darker bottom half.
- Apple shaped lovelies remember to avoid horizontal blocks & highlight your lengthy legs!
- Hourglass ladies opt for colour round the waist (a coloured waist belt would work great here) it’ll highlight your curves perfectly!
2. Don’t be afraid to experiment. The idea of teaming two bright colours together may sound a little scary but done in the right way it can look amazing!
3. Stick with 2 or 3 main colours to one outfit. Too many colours can become unflattering and we certainly don’t want that- we want colour to help us not hinder us!
The easiest way to work this trend is simple. Cheat. By an item that already has colour blocking in it & the job’s done for you!
Colour blocking dress
This colour blocking dress is perfect & sticking to a darker colour from the torso down is amazingly flattering! Be brave and team with bright shoes and accessories!
Colour blocking separates
If you’ve got the colour bug then mix it up and combine your two favourite colours together! Just make sure the colours complement each other, you don’t want to look like a rainbow! You can then team your pieces with a neutral colour to balance it out.
Colour blocking swimwear
Well after all it is nearly holiday season! You don’t have to just think about your clothing, swimwear is a great place to add some colour in. The one-piece swimsuit is making its come back and there’s so many different versions to suit everyone.
We love this trend as its perks up our wardrobe and allows you to work it to your advantage every time.
What colours will you be colour blocking in your Summer wardrobe?